Today I am going to show you how to install Jboss 5.1.0.GA on a Windows 7 machine.
- First of all download the binaries from http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads/
- The downloaded file is a zip is named jboss-5.1.0.GA-jdk6.zip. As you can see it is a zip archive and not an executable.
- Create an installation folder (I created one at
C:\Program Files\Jboss) and extract the archive there.
- Add the path to JBoss directory to JBOSS_HOME enviroment variable (picture 1). For me it is:
- Add the path to JDK directory to JAVA_HOME enviroment variable (picture 1). For me it is C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_31
- Gongratulations! We are ready! Now to start the application server open a shell window using WinKey + R then type cmd and hit Enter.
C:\Program Files\Jboss\jboss-5.1.0.GA\bin\run.bat -b 0.0.0.0
Notice the parameter -b! This parameter assures that server is visible from all computers inside the network.
- If you want to see if the application server has started correctly, inspect the log output in the shell will it is loading. When the process is finished open a browser and type http://localhost:8080/web-console/